Email Confirmation on Ticket Creation

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

shinevictim

Email Confirmation on Ticket Creation

Post by shinevictim »

Hi guys,

I am sorry, the chances of this being asked and more than likely addressed are probably close to 100% but I just cannot seem to find the information I am looking for.

So, I have the EmailReporting plugin installed and working which is great BUT I want whoever is sending the email to receive an automated reply with the ticket number etc. Is this possible?

All emails internally are work, for example, if the automatically created ticket is assigned to an engineer etc the emails get sent through to the engineer fine.

Apologies once again but I did sift through a number of threads on here but nothing pointed me in the right direction.

MantisBT Version: 2.24.3
EmailReporting Version: 0.10.1

Thanks in advance guys.
SL-Gundam

Re: Email Confirmation on Ticket Creation

Post by SL-Gundam »

EmailReporting emulates normal MantisBT behavior. More then likely when a user reports a ticket through MantisBT they won't get a notification either
The primary culprit for this is the email_receive_own option which is turned off by default.

You can either turn on that setting for MantisBT (and EmailReporting will follow that behavior) or only for EmailReporting
Only for EmailReporting: https://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/ ... eceive_own

Now you need to make sure that the reporter is notified about the proper event in the MantisBT e-mail notification settings ("Status changes to 'new'" in the column " User who reported the issue" should suffice)