is there a plugin to sync with lat/long map view?

General discussion about MantisBT Plugins

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

amiens80

is there a plugin to sync with lat/long map view?

Post by amiens80 »

hi,

i wish to add to every bug a geographic position and show them on a google map (with pin icon).
is there such feature or a plugin to perform that kind ?
Imagine you're a chief of construction and want to collect any problem at several place in the city, we need each bug being associated with a x/y coord position and if we can have a global view on a google map, it would be just PERFECT !

any information of such system with mantis ?

I guess we can add 2 customize user field (longitude + lattitude), but the system to display them such a map remains to develop & code....

i search a system liek that :
red : urgent bug
green : solve
orange : not urgent
Clicking on a pin would display the mantis detail would be very useful !

Thank you for reading me and ever to reply me or advice.

Have a good day
cas

Re: is there a plugin to sync with lat/long map view?

Post by cas »

This is a typical example where a plugin is needed. I am not aware of an existing one.
A nice challenge.
MrMaker

Post by MrMaker »

I think it would be easy enough to create a plugin that could define the custom fields, show a single bug location on a map in details view, and maybe even allow setting location by placing a marker on a map in edit view.

The map with all the bugs shown though would probably be best done outside mantis, using the REST API (or maybe even direct database access to make use of spatial SQL).

Edit: I guess you could do this part as a plugin that adds something to the top or bottom of the bugs list page. Or even a separate page.
cas

Post by cas »

Sound like we have a volunteer :D
amiens80

Post by amiens80 »

MrMaker wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 07:06 I think it would be easy enough to create a plugin that could define the custom fields, show a single bug location on a map in details view, and maybe even allow setting location by placing a marker on a map in edit view.

The map with all the bugs shown though would probably be best done outside mantis, using the REST API (or maybe even direct database access to make use of spatial SQL).

Edit: I guess you could do this part as a plugin that adds something to the top or bottom of the bugs list page. Or even a separate page.
a longtime ago, i saw a documentation of the API of google map. you could display pins/marks passing coordoonates into the URL like something like that :
googlemap.htm?t1=45456&l1=1231321&label1=mypin&link=mylinkurl...Etc
maybe it could help to test a easy integration with mantis...
if mantis can "concatenate" bugs from a same category and make a string with url, it would be "easy" to code it!