advice for upgrade 1.0.6 to 1.2.10?

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Starbuck

advice for upgrade 1.0.6 to 1.2.10?

Post by Starbuck »

I'm considering an upgrade from v1.0.6 to v1.2.6 and am wondering about the current "state of the art".
Similar discussions on this are here and here but I don't think those threads have solid answers. I'd just like to understand what the very latest recommendation is for how to quickly and effectively upgrade from 1.0 to 1.2. I am not a SQL stud but I can follow directions and tweak code if required.

Realistically, for my purposes I could do a clean install and start from scratch - but only if others here feel there is serious pain and future consequences of doing an upgrade.

Thanks!
atrol
Site Admin

Re: advice for upgrade 1.0.6 to 1.2.10?

Post by atrol »

Starbuck wrote:but I don't think those threads have solid answers.
Why?

Still the same answer from my side: Download latest stable version (1.2.10 at the moment) and read file doc/INSTALL chapter UPGRADING
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
esutton

Post by esutton »

I did a rsync clone of my LAMP stack folder running Mantis to a second virtual machine ( VM ). I made sure the clone worked in the VM, then I repeated upgrading Mantis on the VM until I got it right. Make sure you do a mysqldump before starting. I did both a normal and an XML version just in case.

/opt/lampstack-1.2-4/mysql/bin/mysqldump -uroot -p<passwdRoot> bitnami_mantis > ~/Desktop/bitnami_mantis.dump
/opt/lampstack-1.2-4/mysql/bin/mysqldump -uroot -p<passwdRoot> bitnami_mantis --xml > ~/Desktop/bitnami_mantis.xml

If needed, to restore a dump you can do something like.

./mysql -uroot -p<passwdRoot> bitnami_mantis < bitnami_mantis.dump

If you are a PHP app slacker like me, Bitnami makes it easy to set up a new server with their LAMP, MAMP, WAMP stacks and Mantis stack modules which is currently at version 1.2.10:

http://bitnami.org/stack/mantis

-Ed
MantisBT Version: 1.2.10
Schema Version.: 183
Host..................: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2
PhP...................: 5.2.15
simon.k

Post by simon.k »

If you haven't customized your mantis you don't have to mind anything, copy your database, your old config_inc.php into mantis 1.2.10 and point your browser to the new folder.
It will guide you through the update process and that is that, you might have to tweak the php runtime if your DB is large (150mb here, worked fine with 180s runtime).

On the other hand if you customized your files (like my company did, LOTS of changes inside core/) you are in for a treat :lol: most of them can be realized with a plugin though, much cleaner and no update problems from there on 8)

I updated straight vom 1.0.1 to 1.2.10 without any data migration problems.