real name and e-mail not showing on user list

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mushu

real name and e-mail not showing on user list

Post by mushu »

MantisBT Version 1.3.5
PHP Version 5.6.24

On a project we have assigned a Manager. That Manager has approved two users and gave one Reporter level and the other Updater level access. When I go in as Administrator and look at the Manage Users list, it does not show those two users' Real Name or E-mail but that information is there in the individual user screens when I click on the Username links. Why doesn't the full list of users on manage_user_page.php show that information?
mushu

Re: real name and e-mail not showing on user list

Post by mushu »

Just wondering if the current version exhibits this behavior also? It seems strange that the admin manage user screen doesn't list the email address or real name of the users assigned by a project manager. When I click on the user name itself, the next screen shows the real full name and the email address, so I know Mantis has that info, it simply is not showing on the main manage user selection screen. I think it's a bug, but wanted to know if anyone else is seeing this as well.

EDIT: after digging in the code I see that the manage_user_edit_page.php code actually knows we use active directory, and fills in the Real Name and Email fields automagically. Too bad the administrator manage_user_page.php code doesn't do this also. So apparently not a bug, just the code was written by someone else I suppose...
Last edited by mushu on 01 Mar 2017, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

I tried 1.3.6 and 2.2.0.
I see the following fields in the list: Username, Real Name, E-mail, Access Level, Enabled, Protected,Date Created and Last Visit
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
mushu

Post by mushu »

I made the following code changes to manage_user_page.php and it gives me what I want:

Code: Select all

<td><?php echo string_display_line( user_get_realname( $u_id ) )?></td><!-- < ?php echo string_display_line( $u_realname ) ? >  -->
<td><?php print_email_link( user_get_email( $u_id ), user_get_email( $u_id ) ) ?></td><!-- < ?php print_email_link( $u_email, $u_email ) ? > -->
(Note I saved the original code in HTML comments just in case I broke something.)
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Quite strange.
Which database do you use?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
mushu

Post by mushu »

mysql