Sharing authentication with wordpress

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

ahhq

Sharing authentication with wordpress

Post by ahhq »

Is there any way to share the user identities between Wordpress and Mantis?

I have a Wordpress site and that has a link to a Mantis database. I can probably add a link back in the Mantis UI to Wordpress but users still need to log into both. It would be cool if I could somehow share the login authentication, even if I still have to set separate permissions.
damsel

Re: Sharing authentication with wordpress

Post by damsel »

DId you ever figure anything out or find any information on this?
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

I was looking into this recently and found a number of inquiries and solutions to SSO with WordPress. Here are some links to kick off a line of thought.

Parts one and two of an article on Amazon Cognito for SSO.

Google Search for Cognito and WordPress : Lots of interesting hits.

That led to this WordPress SSO plugin.

Another option would be to agree to "meet in the middle", with a WordPress site allowing users to login via Facebook or Google with a social login plugin, and the same with Mantis - ultimately achieving the same SSO behavior.

In summary, I'm thinking it's too limiting to think of Mantis and WordPress sharing SSO. It's better to think of any X and Y software sharing a common SSO mechanism. That would include Mantis sharing SSO with anything, and WordPress with anything.
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
damsel

Post by damsel »

I don't see any information on connecting Mantis to aws though. That's always the issue. I can't find something (already coded!) that works for both. I would pay to have something coded. I just need it working.
damsel

Post by damsel »

Disregard, I understand now. But there are no plugins that are current for SAML for wordpress unfortunately, but I'll see if there is something else wordpressy that will work.
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

damsel

Post by damsel »

Those links are for plugins that have either not been updated in years, or require expensive services (one of them $1000's per year) to setup.
damsel

Post by damsel »

Hmm..the Azure one may be promising, checking that now.