how to remove [invite users] button from titlebar?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mushu

how to remove [invite users] button from titlebar?

Post by mushu »

MantisBT 2.7.0

How can I remove the button for inviting users entirely from the top bar? It sits next to the [report issue] button.

EDIT: we use active directory authentication via the old AdLogin plugin, which works great. People access our MantisBT website and are automatically logged into the system. We also use the email reporting plugin & script to allow our employees to simply email a special email address and submit a bug that way, and a ticket is created and emails are generated to the admins and we can assign the ticket and go from there. Pretty slick. Anyway, this is why we don't need or want people playing with that button, because it is not needed in our environment.
rkarmann

Re: how to remove [invite users] button from titlebar?

Post by rkarmann »

Hi,

To disable signup in Mantis, you have to set the following configuration option: (in config/config_inc.php)

Code: Select all

$g_allow_signup = OFF
Doing this, users won't be able to invte other and create an account from the login page.

See the documentation for further info.

Regards

RK
Currently working on a wiki-based plugin for MantisBT 2.X. If you'd like to test it, contact me or see the plugin section.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

rkarmann wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 09:03

Code: Select all

$g_allow_signup = OFF
Doing this, users won't be able to invte other
Not true when using a standard Mantis.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
rkarmann

Post by rkarmann »

So there is no configuration option to answer this user need ?
Currently working on a wiki-based plugin for MantisBT 2.X. If you'd like to test it, contact me or see the plugin section.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

rkarmann wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 07:19 So there is no configuration option to answer this user need ?
There is no option.
At the moment the "Invite Users" button is shown if a user is logged in as administrator.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
mushu

Post by mushu »

Ahhh I didn't realize that only Admins saw that button. Then it's ok, I'll just make sure the other Admins know to not click that button. Thanks for the clarification. RTFM is fine and all, but when it is huge and a single sentence is important, there's no way to ensure that taking the time to search through it will be sufficient. That's why these forums are so important for support purposes.

Keep up the good work even though you don't get kudos all the time!
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

If you want to change that refined behavior, consider a small plugin.
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
rkarmann

Post by rkarmann »

I have wrote a little tutorial on how to create a Plugin, based on your need. You can take a look at the topic and write it yourself, or just download it on GitHub.

Just follow the plugin installation instructions here.

RK