Page 2 of 2

Re: LDAP authentication - Error

Posted: 23 Dec 2020, 06:35
by shanthini.g
Hi mushu and cas,

I have installed this plugin

Also while testing I noted the below

1) If users are available in 'mantis_user_table' this is allowing the users to login just after entering the user name without entering password.
2) In this method users are not referred from AD but they are referred from mantis_user_table
3) Above scenario works if we set g_login_method = LDAP or not

Thanks

Re: LDAP authentication - Error

Posted: 23 Dec 2020, 11:37
by cas
Please check with the creators of this plugin. I do not use it myself

Re: LDAP authentication - Error

Posted: 23 Dec 2020, 13:53
by mushu
shanthini.g wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 06:35
1) If users are available in 'mantis_user_table' this is allowing the users to login just after entering the user name without entering password.
2) In this method users are not referred from AD but they are referred from mantis_user_table
3) Above scenario works if we set g_login_method = LDAP or not
There seems to be a setup issue then. I use that same setting in my config file and we are NOT asked to enter a username when we hit the Mantis site we have set up on an internal network server. If a new employee hits our Mantis site for the first time it will automatically create a new account for them in the Mantis mySQL database and log then right in. The whole purpose of this plugin is to avoid being prompted to log in, so if you still get a login prompt then it isn't working properly. Either you set it up wrong, or your Mantis configs are wrong, or your network LDAP is wrong. Did you actually "install" the plugin through the Mantis admin console or just copy it into the plugins directory and that's it?

We are running Mantis v2.24.3 on Windows Server 2012R2 with Win 10 network clients, and this same LDAP plugin, and when I go to our Mantis website in a web browser it drops me right into my dashboard, and my browser URL shows http://[server]:[port]/my_view_page.php?refresh=true

Here are my LDAP config file settings (with sensitive items edited out.) You might try to use $g_log_level and see what your logs show:

Code: Select all

---------- CONFIG_INC.PHP
/* $g_log_level              = LOG_LDAP; */
$g_login_method           = LDAP; /* a constant, thus no quotes */
$g_ldap_server            = 'ldap://[server]:389';
$g_ldap_root_dn           = 'OU=[container],DC=[dom],DC=[dom],DC=[dom]';
$g_ldap_organization      = ''; /* 2 single ticks (apostrophes) */
$g_ldap_uid_field         = 'sAMAccountName';
$g_ldap_realname_field    = 'name';
$g_ldap_bind_dn           = '[dom]\[account]';
$g_ldap_bind_passwd       = '[password]';
$g_use_ldap_email         = ON;
$g_use_ldap_realname      = ON;
$g_ldap_protocol_version  = 3;
$g_ldap_follow_referrals  = OFF;
At this point you probably need to try to contact the author of the plugin for more help. Good luck!