How to migrate data from my old DB to the new DB

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

avanzwol

How to migrate data from my old DB to the new DB

Post by avanzwol »

Hi,

I have Mantis running on my Synology NAS. After not using Mantis for months I wanted to access the data again. But the main Mantis webpage didn't open. I got an error about page not found or something similar.

First I uninstalled the MantisBT package on my NAS and reinstalled it again in the hope for solving my problem. I left the database untouched on the system. But no success. So I contacted Synology and they solved the problem. I saw a Mantis page again. But this was some kind of Upgrade page. I had to fill in a password twice and then the upgrade was a success. According to the web page...

I couldn't log in, so I had to create a new user. And when I finally was in the system I didn't see any issues. I ended up with an empty database. :( So far the story how I ended up with this mess.

With phpMyAdmin I could see the schema. I think I even have two schema's. I see a list of tables, half of them is having '_table' as a post-fix while the other half is ending on '_mantis'. I can see my data in the '_table' tables, but I think the webpages are showing the issues from the '_mantis' tables, which are empty. The database_version of the '_table' tables is 209, while the '_mantis' tables is version 210.

So my data is still there, but in a different schema. Does someone have a suggestion what the best approach is to see my data again in the web interface?

Regards,

Alfons

PS Of course I DO have a backup of the data if that would be a better approach. :)
Mantis: 2.23.0
PHP: 5.6, 7.0, 7.2 and 7.3 installed
SQL: MariaDB 10.3.21
avanzwol

Re: How to migrate data from my old DB to the new DB

Post by avanzwol »

I managed to solve the problem! I moved all '_mantis' tables to another schema. And then I renamed all '_table' tables to '_mantis'. After that I just had to do a regular upgrade of the database. Everything is working again like a charm.
Mantis: 2.23.0
PHP: 5.6, 7.0, 7.2 and 7.3 installed
SQL: MariaDB 10.3.21