Change status to the same status

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

T.C.

Change status to the same status

Post by T.C. »

Is there a way to enable a transition from a status to the same status? For instance, allow a status change from "assigned" to "assigned"?

I know that doesn't make sense, but please bear with me.

After using Mantis for a while, it still seems counterintuitive that there is a quick way to add a note, reassign, and change the status, yet there is no quick way to add a note and reassign without changing the status. Rather than have a "Change Status To:" button, I would prefer to have a "Quick Update" button which allows the user to do any combination of all three things: add a note, reassign the issue, and/or change the status.

It seems to me that an easy way to achieve this would be to enable transition changes from a status to the same status. That way, the "Change Status To:" button would effectively be the "Quick Update" button I described.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Change status to the same status

Post by atrol »

T.C. wrote: 01 Nov 2020, 15:34 to do any combination of all three things: add a note, reassign the issue, and/or change the status.
"There is the Updating Issue Information" page / bug_update_page.php.
Use the "Edit" button from "View Issue Details" page, or the pencil icon from "My View" or "View Issues" page to get to this page.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual