Issue with database migration

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

rsg

Issue with database migration

Post by rsg »

I had a problem with an older Mantis version (database version 183), so I created a new installation in a new directory.
I changed the configuration to point to the OLD database, and ran the install.php script.
It reported a correct conversion and proper status for everything. It seems to work, because now the login screen appears.

Unfortunately, there was no way to login. I typically get (for all different users that I have tried) the following message: "Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect."

When I checked, it looks as if instead of updating the existing tables, it has created NEW tables, but has not transferred the content. :roll:
I have for example still the old mantis_user_table with all the users, but a new one mtat_user_table with only the (new) administrator.

Another example is the old mantis_bug_table with all the bugs, which now has an empty mtat_bug_mantis table.

The old configuration table mantis_config_table with database version 183 has now in addition mtat_config_mantis with a database version 210. Needless to say, all other configuration parameters have not been transferred either.

Anyone could help me about the way to proceed to import the tables in the new version?
cas

Re: Issue with database migration

Post by cas »

Looks like you still did a fresh install.
So remove all those tables mtat* from the database and start allover. :mrgreen:
Just make sure you are doing an update.
This is described in the admin manual.