#1267:Illegal mix of collations

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Zamana

#1267:Illegal mix of collations

Post by Zamana »

Hello!

We are using MantisBT 2.24.3 for months, and suddenly, out of blue, one of the users (and just this specific user) started to receive this message when she try to "View Issues" with "All Projects" selected:

Code: Select all

#1267:Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'like'" para a consulta: 
"SELECT COUNT( DISTINCT mantis_bug_table.id ) 
FROM mantis_bug_table 
JOIN mantis_project_table ON mantis_project_table.id = mantis_bug_table.project_id 
LEFT JOIN mantis_bugnote_table visible_bugnote ON mantis_bug_table.id = visible_bugnote.bug_id AND (visible_bugnote.view_state = ? OR visible_bugnote.reporter_id = ? OR mantis_bug_table.project_id IN (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)) JOIN mantis_bug_text_table ON mantis_bug_table.bug_text_id = mantis_bug_text_table.id 
LEFT JOIN mantis_bugnote_text_table ON visible_bugnote.bugnote_text_id = mantis_bugnote_text_table.id 
WHERE mantis_project_table.enabled = ? AND (mantis_bug_table.project_id IN (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) OR mantis_bug_table.project_id IN (?,?,?,?) AND mantis_bug_table.view_state = ? OR mantis_bug_table.project_id IN (?,?,?,?) AND mantis_bug_table.view_state <> ? AND mantis_bug_table.reporter_id = ?) AND ( ( ( mantis_bug_table.summary
LIKE ? OR mantis_bug_text_table.description LIKE ? OR mantis_bug_text_table.steps_to_reproduce 
LIKE ? OR mantis_bug_text_table.additional_information 
LIKE ? OR mantis_bugnote_text_table.note LIKE ? ) ) )"
1) If she changes the "All Projects" to a specific project, the error doesn't occur;

2) Other users are not getting this error (me included)

I already ran a query in order to "normalize" the collation between database and tables, with no effect.

Is there any other action that I can take in order to approach this issue?

Thanks.
Regards.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: #1267:Illegal mix of collations

Post by atrol »

Run admin/check/indexp.php
There are also some database collation checks in it.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Zamana

Re: #1267:Illegal mix of collations

Post by Zamana »

Hi!

Thanks for reply.

There are some warnings, but nothing specifically related with database or tables...

Is there something more specific that I can check?

Thanks.
Regards.