Feedback assigned to updater

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

MusicMonkey5555

Feedback assigned to updater

Post by MusicMonkey5555 »

I want to assign an item to an updater for feedback. I am running 1.2.4 and would like to do this through the settings menu if possible rather than messing with files on the server (so upgrades aren't as difficult).

I tried messing with several of the settings such as Manage Configuration > Workflow Transitions > Access Levels, but this didn't seem to make a difference. My guess is that there is a setting some place else overwriting this.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Feedback assigned to updater

Post by atrol »

Most of the settings can also be set in database. (not all using an easy to use UI, but using a generic UI)
Advantage: there are settings which can be set per user / project which is not possible when using customization by file
Disadvantage: You can't use defined PHP constants (for example something like DEVELOPER)
You have to look at core/constant_inc.php for the values of the constants

Example:
instead of writing

Code: Select all

$g_handle_bug_threshold = UPDATER:
in config_inc.php
you can store the settings in database by following these steps

Choose:Manage -> Manage Configuration
enter for configuration option: handle_bug_threshold (no $g_)
enter for value: 40
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
cas

Post by cas »

WE take a different approach on this. Since we only want additional info we indeed change the status to Feedback and either send the person we need info from, a reminder to provide this or assign him a task (Plugin).
By setting the handler treshold to UPDATER which clearly is an option, you stand the chance that new issues get assigned to these persosn too. That is soemthing we wanted to avoid.
Not saying our way is better, just demonstrating that there are more ways to handle things. :D
ekesaf

Post by ekesaf »

Hi,
I want to similir thing.
There are 2 role... reporter and developer
When issue is assign to developer

Reporter: Reporter
Assigned To : Developer.

But if developer changed the status to feedback, I want below one.

Reporter: Reporter
Assigned To : Developer.

Is it possibe?

MantisBT Version 2.24.2
Schema Version 210
PHP Version 7.4.11
Database Driver mysqli
Database Version, Description 10.4.14, 10.4.14-MariaDB
cas

Post by cas »

Think your response is not correct, i see no change in the settings ( which is correct).
This is not how it works. Setting status to feedback has no impact on reporter or Assigned to.
Normally the reporter get's an email to update the ticket, ticket is not assigned to the reporter