Mantis+SMF integration

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

acseven

Mantis+SMF integration

Post by acseven »

Hi,

We are looking for integrating SMF and mantis on our forum, and for that tried using the bridge posted at the SMF forums:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community ... c=209788.0 (last post is ours)

However, it doesn't work properly. Could you help us out with this integration?

Thanks
SneakyWho_am_i

Re: Mantis+SMF integration

Post by SneakyWho_am_i »

I use SMF and Mantis (although not together). I'm new to Mantis but I've hacked SMF to bits by now.
What part of the integration did you have problems with? I will install the mod later and see if I have a problem; I will help you out (if I remember to get back to it)
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

There's a project somewhere that includes a consortium of leaders from open source projects, with a goal to make integration among many/all of these packages much less of a trauma. I think Mantis should be involved. Unless someone else can post a URL I'll try to find it. I run SMF, Mantis, Drupal, Wordpress, and some others that I've forgotten - yeah, it would be nice if we can use common styles, single-signon, links, and so many other seamless interactions between these packages.
Snaky

Post by Snaky »

Hi, a little bit late reaction - but I hope you will still read it. Could you please provide more information about that general integration project you were writing about? I am very interested in this!!!

Thank you very much for your attention!
Snaky
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

That was a long time ago and I'm having a problem finding links.
This might have been what I was talking about:
http://buytaert.net/cmis
The CMIS initiative talks about "Content Management" software. Neither Mantis nor SMS fit the conventional definition of "CMS". However, if you think about it, a bug tracker like Mantis does manage content. So does a forum like SMF. All of these packages could benefit from some form of standards, so that we don't require an absolutely unique set of expertise for every single package we touch in this FOSS world.
HTH
cas

Post by cas »

There is not much activity @ buytaert.net.
I also looked at integrating those 2 and found a relative simple way to do so using the page function of simple portal, an iframe and the scripted login.
Need to build in some security measures (referrer check) and the automated user creation in Mantis (the latter is pretty simple).
For me, the integrated signon is enough.