Extra header tags in emails make them unreadable

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Tsjakka

Extra header tags in emails make them unreadable

Post by Tsjakka »

The emails that Mantis sends to our users are very weird. Apparently an extra header tag <h2> is inserted as soon as a CR is found in the Note text. In the example below just before 'SCM Issue: 1419' a CR was inserted. Also, there are no line breaks to make it more readable.
Attachments
Mantis.gif
Mantis.gif (67.44 KiB) Viewed 3305 times
rkarmann

Re: Extra header tags in emails make them unreadable

Post by rkarmann »

Hi,

Please can you tell wich version of Mantis you are using ?

Have you done any changes in core files ?

And, is there a plugin running on your Mantis installation ?
Currently working on a wiki-based plugin for MantisBT 2.X. If you'd like to test it, contact me or see the plugin section.
Tsjakka

Post by Tsjakka »

Hi rkarmann, I am using 2.8. I tried 2.11 too but it has the same problem. I have not changed the core files. I have a few plugins installed: Source Subversion Integration and Mantis CSV Importer. But I had this problem before I installed the plugins.
rkarmann

Post by rkarmann »

Hi,

Well it's very strange... My opinion is that it could be linked to your mail server. Wich one are you using ? Exchange ?

In that case, I won't be able to help you so far so I recommend to see with Mantis developer team how to fix your issue !

Good luck :)
Currently working on a wiki-based plugin for MantisBT 2.X. If you'd like to test it, contact me or see the plugin section.
Tsjakka

Post by Tsjakka »

I am using SendGrid as SMTP server. Our mails do come in over Exchange, so it's a bit of both I guess.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Mantis sends email using content-type text/plain so you should not see any formatting or any different font size.

Your problem might be caused by the mail system you use to send the email, any other component between this system and your mail agent and finally by your mail agent.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual