Notif Type Plugin

General discussion about MantisBT Plugins

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

sirbanks

Notif Type Plugin

Post by sirbanks »

Does anyone know of a plugin similar to the old Notif plugin? I have a need to generate emails to certain individuals based on the category of the issue submitted. So far I have not found an easy way to do this. Thanks in advance.
cas

Re: Notif Type Plugin

Post by cas »

Check out the Reminder plugin, perhaps that is good enough?
cas

Post by cas »

Do you have the old Notif plugin?
If so, I can quickly check how much work it oould be to adjsut that to Mantis 2.x
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

@cas - I found this goldmine of code, including Notif. I haven't opened the .pkg files to see what's in them. But I'm sure you will. ;)
http://deboutv.free.fr/mantis/download.php
It's really old stuff. There's no telling if these are old versions or the latest possible versions of the plugins. And yes, they're all for Mantis v1.
Please post here with whatever info you find. It might be time to update the list of plugin resources, even with code that's old and perhaps no longer usable, just to make the FOSS available.
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
cas

Post by cas »

@starbuck, this is a seperate plugin system developed by Vincent Debout.
In order to read the plugins, you need to install mantis 1.1 and then try to get things running.
Better of to build from scratch if the plugin seems usable.
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

Discussion about these plugins moved to a new thread:
https://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtop ... 15&t=27014
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
ryanebeerman

Post by ryanebeerman »

Does anyone know of a plugin similar to the old Notif plugin? I have a need to generate emails to certain individuals based on the category of the issue submitted. So far I have not found an easy way to do this. Thanks in advance.
cas

Post by cas »

Check the Reminder plugin :mrgreen: